* Two 20 oz. packages of pre-cut butternut squash
* 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
* 1 minced Vidalia onion
* 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
* 2.5 tbsp olive oil
* 2 tbsp dried Parsley
* 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
* 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
* Preheat oven at 400 degrees.
* Spray Organic Olive Oil spray evenly into a large glassware dish.
* Place pre-cut acorn squash into the large glassware dish.
* Add the minced onion and mix with the acorn squash.
* Add the Parmesan, evenly topping the acorn squash.
* Add the Parsley, garlic salt, and crushed red pepper.
* Drizzle with 2.5 tbsp olive oil and mix together all of the ingredients.
* Bake for 35 minutes at 400 degrees.
* Remove from the oven and place the ingredients in a blender, gradually adding
the 2 cups of chicken broth.
* Heat and serve.
Last year, we created a delicious Acorn Squash Soup recipe. After Autumn, it’s difficult to find acorn squash, so we created a new soup with the more readily available butternut squash. You can find butternut squash throughout the Autumn and Winter months. It’s a hearty and tasty soup that will warm you through the whole Winter. We hope that you enjoy it!
You may use this recipe as a vegetable exchange at any meal on the Remedy Recipes format.
Mangiare, Piaccia! Eat, Enjoy!
Have a Happy New Year and God bless!
Until next month,
~ John D.