- 1 (15 oz.) can of Nature’s Promise Organic Chic Peas
- 1 (15 oz.) can of Nature’s Promise Organic Cannellini Beans
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced chives
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tbsp fresh minced Italian Parsley
- 1 medium diced celery root
- 2 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup Sherry Vinegar
- 1 cup Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan
- Bake the peeled & diced medium celery root for 17 minutes on a baking sheet at 400 degrees.
- After the celery root is baked, add the diced celery root, 1 cup Low Sodium Chicken Broth, 1/2 cup diced onion, & 2 tbsp minced garlic to a medium cooking pot, & bring to a boil.
- Add 1 can chic peas, 1 can Cannellini Beans, 1/2 cup chives, 1 teaspoon black pepper, 3 tbsp Italian Parsley, & stir.
- Cook at a simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a medium bowl, mix 1 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp Dijon Mustard, & 1/4 cup Sherry Vinegar, add it to the stew, & continue to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot & top with 1 tbsp Italian Parsley & 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan.
Happy New Year! We’re entering the heart of Winter, so we decided to create a hearty stew that everyone can enjoy, (Vegetarians & Vegans too.) A couple of years ago we created “Remedy Recipes Roasted Roots & Lentils,” a delicious & savory stew-like recipe featuring some unique flavors. This month’s recipe takes elements of that recipe and combines them with some popular Mediterranean ingredients to form a hearty stew that doesn’t contain a single piece of meat, potato, or carrot. (It does contain chicken broth, though, so a homemade vegetable stock may be used if you wish.) Similar dishes can be found all along the Mediterranean, so we really hope that you will enjoy this tasty stew!
This recipe may be used for Meals 2 or 3 on the Remedy Recipes format.
Portions: 1 cup for women / 2 cups for men
Enjoy this recipe, & let it warm you!
Mangiare, Piaccia! Eat, Enjoy!