- 1 bag frozen, pre-cooked shrimp, (available at Stop n Shop)
- 4.5 oz. jar Nature’s Promise minced garlic, (you’ll need 3 teaspoons.)
- 1 bottle Primal Kitchen Greek Salad Dressing, (you’ll need 4 tbsp.)
- 1 small jar Pepperoncini, (you’ll need 3 diced.)
- 1 small jar pitted Sicilian or Greek Kalamata olives, (you’ll need 6 sliced.)
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 3 fresh basil leaves, (diced)
Items that you’ll need:
- The Veggetti, (available at Bed Bath & Beyond)
- A medium mixing bowl
- Thaw & de-shell the bag of frozen pre-cooked shrimp.
- Stripe the skin of the zucchini with a vegetable peeler.
- Use the Veggetti to make the zucchini into Linguine, place it in the medium mixing bowl, & heat in microwave for 1 minute. (Al dente.)
- Drain any water from the medium mixing bowl.
- On a separate plate, heat the shrimp for 30 seconds.
- Add the bag of shrimp, 3 teaspoons of minced garlic, 4 tbsp Primal Kitchen Greek Dressing, 3 diced Pepperoncini, 6 sliced olives, & 3 diced, fresh basil leaves to the shredded zucchini, & mix thoroughly.
- Top with 1/4 cup grated Parmesan & serve.
This recipe may be used as Meal 4 on the Remedy Recipes format. To use it for Meals 2 or 3, you may add Nature’s Promise Ready-To-Serve Brown Rice to the mixture. (1/2 cup for women/ 1 cup for men.)
Portions: Women: 3 oz. shrimp over 1 cup shredded zucchini/ Men: 6 oz. shrimp over 2 cups shredded zucchini. A side salad may be added to this meal. Simply multiply the amount to serve others.
I thought we’d be venturing into some hot, comforting recipes by now, but instead we have been blessed with some hot, comforting weather for an Indian Summer! It’s a good thing too, because the zucchini & squash season is long-lasting here on the North Fork, which inspired another tasty rendition of zucchini for you to enjoy! This time, I created a dish with a light, Mediterranean flavor to it, using some ingredients that I’ve been enjoying in salads, lately. We hope that you’ll give this one a try. It’s both light & refreshing.
Mangiare, Piaccia! Eat, Enjoy!