- 3 medium zucchini
- 1 pound Nature’s Promise Organic Grass-fed Ground beef
- 1 (15 oz.) container part skin ricotta
- 1 (24 oz.) jar Nature’s Promise Organic Tomato Sauce
- 1 (8 oz.) package shredded 5 cheese Italian Blend
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- black pepper
- olive oil cooking spray, or olive oil
Items that you’ll need:
- a vegetable peeler
- a glassware lasagna dish
- Spray a cooking pan with olive oil spray, & sauté the ground beef on medium heat, seasoning with 1 teaspoon garlic powder, a pinch of black pepper, & 4 tbsp organic tomato sauce, until the meat is thoroughly browned.
- Place the cooked meat aside.
- Peel the 3 medium zucchini evenly on 4 sides, creating thin, flat strips of zucchini, until the center & seeds are visible. Discard the center & seeds.
- Press the strips in a strainer or a paper towel to reduce excess water.
- Lightly spray the glassware dish with olive oil spray.
- On a separate plate, lay out 1 strip, and then a second strip over it in the shape of a cross.
- Mimic this over the 2 strips, making it a total of 4 strips in the shape of a cross.
- Add a tbsp of ricotta, a tbsp of ground beef, & top it with a tbsp of the 5 cheese blend.
- Gently fold the the 4 different strips creating a crisscross pattern.
- Place the ravioli in the glassware dish & repeat until all the ravioli are made.
- Brush a dab of olive oil onto the top of each ravioli, & top with a pinch of garlic powder.
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook for 30 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Remove each ravioli with a spatula, & place on a serving plate.
- Discard any excess liquid from the glassware dish.
- Top the ravioli with 2-3 tbsp of organic tomato sauce & 1-2 tbsp of shredded 5 cheese Italian blend, (or shaved Parmesan,) & serve with a few fresh basil leaves as garnish.
For an Autumn flair, top with Stop n Shop’s delicious, seasonal Pumpkin Sauce! It’s also a great idea to use the pumpkin sauce as the seasoning step for the ground beef!
Portions: Men-8 ravioli / Women- 4 ravioli/ This recipe may be used as Meal 4 on the Remedy Recipes format, along with a side salad.
This recipe is a spin-off of my delicious Zucchini Lasagna! The little dab of olive olive & the pinch of garlic powder give the ravioli a very light crust topping for some extra body. Enjoy some different variations of this recipe by simply changing the sauce! Try some pesto, marinara, Greek yogurt sauce, & one of our favorites, Pumpkin Sauce!!! Use different aged, hard cheese shavings as toppings such as Parmesan, Romano, Asiago, & other unique aged sheep cheeses to provide even more flavor!
Mangiare, Piaccia! Eat, Enjoy!