(Photo by bigoven.com)
- 1 pound package Nature’s Promise Ground Chicken Breast
- 3 tbsp Dean Jacob’s Sicilian Blend Seasoning
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 6 fresh minced basil leaves
Note: See the final instruction for vegetable ingredients to serve alongside the burger.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all 4 ingredients.
- Form 4 1/2 inch thick patties.
- Cook on medium heat on the grill for 12-15 minutes, flipping the burgers every 4-5 minutes. (Some grills are more powerful, so keep an eye on the patties, and remove when thoroughly cooked through.)
- Remove and serve each patty with 2 cups baby leaf spinach, 1 cup baby leaf arugula, 1/2 teaspoon minced Italian Parsley, & 1/4 cup diced roasted red pepper, topped with 3 tbsp Primal Kitchen Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing, as well as 1 cup lightly steamed string beans topped with a drizzle of the Primal Kitchen Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing, a pinch of minced garlic, & a pinch of grated Parmesan.
- Nature’s Promise Ground Chicken Breast is available at Stop n Shop.
- Primal Kitchen Salad Dressings are available at Stop n Shop & Wild By Nature.
- Dean Jacob’s Seasoning is available at Uncle Giuseppe’s.
It was a long, cold Winter. I am so happy that it is now finally behind us. To kick off Spring, we’re getting the grill going early, so I created our delicious Sicilian Grilled Chicken Burger! It’s a nice change of pace from beef, bison, & turkey burgers, (we love those too, but the chicken burger definitely absorbs the wonderful Sicilian Blend by Dean Jacob due to the subtlety of the meat, in my opinion.) Give a try to the tasty Primal Kitchen Balsamic Vinaigrette too! It’s avocado oil & simple ingredients create a nice texture for their dressings. This simple recipe will have you grilling more often, and definitely earlier in the season, as we try to usher in the warm weather! Maybe there’ll be more Mother’s Day BBQ’s this year, and hopefully you’ll feature this delicious May Recipe of the Month for the celebration!
Mangiare, Piaccia! Eat, Enjoy!