Photo by: foodnessgracious.com
Simple Summer Sea Scallops
- 1 pound of sea scallops
- 1 dab of Nature’s Promise Organic Butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Melt 1 dab of Nature’s Promise Organic Butter in a large cooking pan on medium heat.
- Place the sea scallops in the pan on medium heat until lightly browned.
- Turn the sea scallops and lightly brown the other side.
- Sprinkle the teaspoon of garlic salt over the sea scallops.
- Serve & enjoy!!!
Citrus Fennel Salad
- 1 fennel bulb, sliced thin
- 2 celery stalks, sliced thin
- 1 oz, shaved Parmesan
- 2 tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 packets True Orange
- a pinch of sea salt
- a pinch of black pepper
- Mix all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and chill.
- Serve chilled & enjoy!
These recipes may be used as a Meal 4 on the Remedy Recipes format.
Portions: Sea Scallops: 6 oz. for men, 3 oz. for women. (Usually, 6 sea scallops for men, 3 sea scallops for women.)
Citrus Fennel Salad: 2 cups for men & women.
Note: You may add a cup of a steamed or grilled vegetable of your choice as a side.
Living on an island has its perks! Sea scallops are absolutely delicious, and are truly a simple Summer delicacy here on the East End of Long Island. We first made this recipe last month, while vacationing down in Cape Hatteras in the Outer Banks of North Carolina. (If you’re ever in Cape Hatteras, pick up some fresh sea scallops at “Risky Business” Fish Market, right on on the dock.) I kept the recipe simple to enjoy the sweet flavor of the sea scallops without overpowering it with too much seasoning. The garlic salt gave it all that it needed and just writing about it is making my mouth water. If you’re a fan of scallops, give this simple recipe a try. The Citrus Fennel Salad is based on a fennel salad that a client shared with me, but with my own addition of the True Orange crystallized orange. The True Orange packets gave it a refreshing, citrus flavor that combined perfectly with the crisp fennel & lemon juice! It’s a very refreshing salad with a crisp, tasty crunch in every bite! We hope that you enjoy both of these recipes as much as we do! We feel that they’re a great combination and we hope that you’ll use them all Summer long!
Mangiare, Piaccia! Eat, Enjoy!