This recipe is for 2 pizza pies (round or rectangular), and is being posted early for shopping & preparation time for Super Bowl Sunday.
2 baking sheets, sleeve of parchment paper, cheese grater, olive oil spray
1 head of cauliflower
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
1/4 cup grated Romano
1/4 cup fresh goat cheese
1 jar Rao’s Homemade Tomato Basil Sauce
1 package (1.25 lb ) Shady Brook Farm Italian Sweet Turkey Sausage
1/4 cup diced onion
1/4 cup diced mushroom
1 can (2.25 oz.) sliced black olives
1 small jar minced garlic
– Pre cook the package of Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage ( sauté & dice ).
– Pre cook the 1/4 cup diced onion & 1/4 cup diced mushroom ( sauté ).
– Pre heat oven to 425 degrees.
– Grate 1 head of cauliflower with the cheese grater into a large mixing bowl, and heat in microwave for 7 minutes & 30 seconds.
-Mix in 2 eggs, 1/4 cup grated Parmesan, and 1/4 cup goat cheese with the grated cauliflower.
– Place the parchment paper on the baking sheets and spray with olive oil spray.
– Press the mixture onto the parchment paper within the baking sheets to form a crust.
– Bake for 17 minutes or until golden brown.
– Add a 1/4 cup of Rao’s Tomato Basil Sauce to each.
– Evenly distribute the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan, and the 1/4 cup Romano, diced turkey sausage, 1/4 cup diced onion, 1/4 cup diced mushroom, sliced black olives, and minced garlic ( to your liking ).
– Bake for 12-15 minutes at 425 degrees, & serve.
Note: This recipe is very tasty but requires a good deal of time. The crust tastes great, but does not hold together well, so a fork is recommended.
Mangiare, Piaccia! Eat, Enjoy! Enjoy the Super Bowl, and may the best team win!