– 1 & 1/2 pounds chicken breast (cubed)
– 1/2 cucumber (diced into small pieces, or shredded with the “Veggetti”* & minced)
– 1 red pepper (diced into small pieces)
– 2 tbsp minced chives (or red onion)
– 3 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
– 3 tbsp sesame oil
– 2 tbsp Bragg apple cider vinegar
– 4 tbsp Tuong Ot Sriracha
– 1 lime
* The Veggetti is available at Bed, Bath, & Beyond.
– Zest & juice the lime.
– Place the lime zest aside.
– Combine the lime juice, low sodium soy sauce, & sesame oil in a long, shallow bowl as a marinade.
– Place the cubed chicken on skewers, & place in the marinade. (Preferably, marinate overnight for 24 hours.)
– Using the Veggetti, shred the cucumber & let drain in a sieve, pushing down on it to drain as much moisture as possible.
– Cut the shredded cucumber pieces into smaller 1 inch sections.
– Place the diced cucumber, the diced red pepper, the 2 tbsp minced chives, the lime zest, 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar, 4 tbsp Tuong Ot Sriracha in small bowl & mix gently with a spoon.
– Grill the marinated chicken skewers, turning frequently on a medium flame for about 10-12 minutes. (I use Cowboy wood charcoal, which would be a single layer of charcoal, hot enough to be mostly gray- usually allow 20 minutes for charcoal to be ready for grilling.)
– Remove chicken skewers from grill, allow a minute to cool before serving.
– Drizzle some of the Spicy Homemade Relish over the skewers & serve!
Portion: 3 oz. chicken for women, 6 oz. chicken for men.
Along with this mouth-watering savory dish, this month’s vegetable is a combo- part mixed fresh chopped veggies, & part dip, (that actually increases the protein of this meal). It’s an easy little dish to mix up, & it really compliments the Thai BBQ chicken & the Spicy Homemade Relish!!! Here’s the delicious Thai Dip & Sliced Veggies- Great for summer parties!
– 1/2 cucumber sliced into strips
– 1/2 fresh red pepper sliced into strips
– 1/2 fresh green pepper sliced into strips, (or yellow, if green causes indigestion)
– 1/2 fresh zucchini sliced into strips
– 1 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt (Stop n Shop brand, or Oikos, or Chobani etc…)
– 1 tbsp Tuong-Ot Sriracha
– 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
– Mix the plain nonfat Greek Yogurt, 1 tbsp Tuong-Ot Sriracha, & 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar in a bowl, gently with a spoon.
– Dip your sliced fresh veggies & enjoy!
Portion: Men & women: You may use 1/2 of the serving of the Thai Dip & the entire amount of sliced vegetables.
This Meal may be used for Meal 4 on the Remedy Recipes format. If you would like it for Meals 2 or 3, add Lundberg’s or Riceworks Brown Rice Chips, (also great for dipping!) Portions: 6-8 chips for women, 10-12 chips for men.
It’s great to try new grilling recipes from time to time! Last month’s skewer recipe has a totally different flavor than this month. This one’s a little spicy but really delicious! I hope you enjoy it!
Mangiare, Piaccia! Eat, Enjoy!