The Mount Fuji Ingredients:
- 1 pound sushi-grade salmon (or tuna)
- 1/4 pound sushi-grade tuna (or salmon), (for garnish)
- 1 package, (14 oz.) Crab Classic, (Imitation Crab: Blend of Alaska Pollock & King Crab)
- 2 avocados (thinly sliced)
- 4 tbsp Sriracha
- 4 tbsp Spectrum Canola Mayo
- 1 lime
- a drizzle of Terry Ho’s Yum Yum Sauce, (optional)
- a drizzle of Ponzu Lime Sauce, (optional)
- 2 tbsp shaved ginger, (optional)
- 2 tbsp crushed pecans, (optional)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil, (optional)
Ginger-Sesame Salad Ingredients:
- 1 medium cucumber, (shredded with the Veggetti)
- 2 cups baby leaf spinach
- 2 cups baby leaf romaine lettuce
- Bragg Ginger & Sesame Salad Dressing
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, (or sunflower seeds)
The Mount Fuji Instructions:
- Finely mince the 1 pound of sushi-grade salmon into thin, small pieces & place into a large mixing bowl.
- Finely shred the 14 oz. Imitation Crab Meat into thin, small pieces & place into a large mixing bowl with the salmon.
- Add 4 tbsp Spectrum Canola Mayo.
- Add 4 tbsp Sriracha.
- Add fresh-squeezed lime juice
- Mix all the contents of the bowl together thoroughly, and by hand, form mounds approximately the size of a baseball, and place aside on a plate.
- Peel the 2 avocados, & slice into thin, malleable slices.
- Carefully wrap the sliced avocado one by one over the baseball-sized mounds, creating a gradual overlapping effect.
- Finely mince the 1/4 pound sushi-grade tuna, & place a small amount on top of the mound for a garnish effect.
- Finely mince the 2 tbsp shaved ginger into tiny pieces. (Optional)
- Add the finely minced ginger, the 2 tbsp crushed pecans, & 1 tbsp sesame oil to a small bowl & mix together. Top the minced tuna with a pinch of this mixture as a garnish. (Optional)
- Add a drizzle of Yum Yum & Ponzu Sauces over the mounds. (Optional)
- You may serve immediately for freshness, or wrap, & chill in the refrigerator for a few minutes, (Not too long, as the avocado may discolor.)
The Ginger-Sesame Salad Instructions:
In a large salad bowl, toss 2 cups baby leaf spinach, 2 cups baby leaf romaine lettuce, 1 shredded cucumber, one teaspoon sesame seeds, (or sunflower seeds,) & 3 tbsp Bragg Ginger & Sesame Salad Dressing. Serve in individual salad bowls with an additional drizzle of the dressing. (The salad will yield 2 servings.)
Women: 1 Mount Fuji & 1/2 of the salad / Men: 2 Mount Fuji’s & 1/2 of the salad
- If you’re not a sushi/sashimi/raw fish lover, you may use a larger portion of the Imitation Crab as the entire consistency, as well as the garnish.
- The Mount Fuji may be constructed with a variety of sushi-grade fish.
- The garnish of ginger-pecans-sesame oil is optional, and some minced scallions & shredded cucumber may be used as a garnish instead, if you’d prefer.
- This idea was inspired by the original “FUJI APPETIZER” at Sakura Japanese Restaurant on Route 58 in Riverhead, a “hidden gem on the East End!!!” Stop in & try the original!!!
The delicious Mount Fuji & Ginger-Sesame Salad are light & flavorful for Summer evenings! The combination of flavors is mouth-waterering and savory, the perfect compliment to a day at the beach! We hope that you enjoy this delicious dinner with an Asian flair throughout the Summer! (This recipe may be used as Meal 4 on the Remedy Recipes book format.)
I don’t know how to say it in Japanese, but Mangiare, Piaccia! Eat, Enjoy!