Items that you’ll need:
- 1 round, glassware baking dish
- 1 vegetable peeler
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup Pete & Gerry’s Organic Cage Free Liquid Egg Whites
- 1 medium zucchini
- 2 cups chopped fresh organic spinach
- 1/2 cup diced Nature’s Promise organic mushrooms, (available at Stop n Shop)
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 5 oz. freshly shaved Parmesan
- 2 pieces of Nature’s Promise Organic Pre-cooked Hickory Smoked Bacon, (available at Stop n Shop)
- olive oil spray
- Lightly coat a large cooking pan with olive oil spray, & sauté the diced onions & mushroom on medium heat.
- Add the spinach & continue sautéing until excess water has evaporated.
- Wash & peel the zucchini skin, and peel the zucchini, evenly on four sides, creating thin, flat strips of zucchini, until the center & the seeds are visible. Discard the center & the seeds of the zucchini.
- Place the zucchini strips in a separate dish & microwave for 1 minute. Drain moisture.
- Spray the round, glassware baking dish with olive oil spray.
- Lay the zucchini strips in a cross-section pattern in the dish to form what will become the crust.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat the pre-cooked bacon in the microwave for 20 seconds. Break into small pieces.
- In a large mixing bowl, scramble the eggs & the 1/2 cup egg whites thoroughly. Add the sautéd spinach, onions, mushrooms, bacon, & 4 1/2 oz. of the shaved Parmesan, and scramble thoroughly again.
- Gently pour the mixture into the round, glassware baking dish onto the zucchini strips.
- Gently lay the remaining shavings of Parmesan evenly atop the mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or until eggs have set.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Portions: 1 piece = (3 & 1/2 x 5 inch slice)/ women- 1 piece / men- 2 pieces. This may be used as a protein & a vegetable serving for any meal on the Remedy Recipes format. If you are to use it for Meals 1, 2, or 3 on the Remedy Recipes format, you may have it with any of the approved carbohydrates, keeping to your proper portions.
For an on-the-go meal, try this recipe with a medium muffin tin! (Portion: women- 1 mini quiche/ men-2 mini quiches.)
Easter is early this year, and this recipe is perfect for an Easter Brunch! Light, healthy, & delicious! We hope you enjoy it!
Mangiare, Piaccia! Eat, Enjoy!